The following recipe for Sweet Zucchini Relish is from SurvivalBlog Reader “Sis.” (Note: This is not an inadvertent repeat. Last week, Sis sent us a recipe for her Dill Zucchini Relish. This alternate recipe has a quite different taste.)
- 20 cups zucchini (I grate it then chop it to make small pieces)
- 5 cups onion, diced
- 7 cups vinegar (I use half cider and half white)
- 6 cups sugar (I use half turbino and half white)
- 3 tsp. Celery seed. 3 tsp. Tumeric.
- 1 tsp. Clove powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon.
- 4 tsp. Allspice powder
- 2 Tbl. Mustard seed.
- Blend together in kettle.
- Heat until warm/ hot.
- Put in canning jars.
- Water bath process for 15 minutes.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column, we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail. Thanks!